Lightning the discovery that will change the life of communities

 





I traveled to El Salvador in mid 2021, it all happened because of my son who upon learning about the bitcoin law proposed by the Bukele government, told me dad what are we doing here?

It was an eye-opening 21 days in Central America, with all that I learned about Bitcoin, what impressed me is the implementation and use of lightning network in the community of El Zonte. You see one of the biggest problems that the bitcoin network represented for mass adoption was the speed and cost per transaction, when I discovered the second layer network of Bitcoin, seeing penny transactions running at an incredible speed and with a very low cost, I was totally convinced that payments in humanity are going to change forever.

I then thought how important it would be for the Píntag Amaru community that its members start transacting in lightning network as it could improve the income of the community by offering to the world our community hosting services and baskets with organic products harvested in the community would free us from the banks and could benefit from the appreciation of bitcoin over time. 

With the implementation of lightning in people's lives, it has become commonplace for people to pay each other with satoshis, or already start trading satoshis with local and overseas crypto enthusiasts.

This community decision is brave, it is disruptive, it is new, in a country plagued by poverty and state and organized crime. I believe with all the strength of my being that we can change the lives of many people with the use of lightning, we take control of the money from the corrupt state, we start to generate our own income, we will break the poverty line with our effort.

In this attempt I felt alone and my mother used to say that life always sends you angels to guide your steps, and so I was lucky to be advised by a great Bitcoin connoisseur who began to guide me from Oceania, and who motivated me to write the lines of this small community lost in the Andes, but I am sure it will be the beginning of many more, because unlike El Salvador where bitcoinization is imposed from the top down, in Píntag Amaru we do it from below, including in this possibility the peasants, almost always excluded from society. I am sure that the citizens and peasants of the world will push bitcoinization from the bottom of the pyramid (the Canadian truckers are currently showing a clear example of the grassroots revolution).

See you in Píntag, see you very soon.


Mauricio

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pingullo Sounds

Bitcoin un lazo que unió Australia, California y Píntag